May 05 2020

Vessel COD and Registration Renewal

Published by at 9:59 am under Liveaboard Topics

It’s that time of the year for most of us…renewing your federal documentation and your state registration.  The official US Dept of Homeland Security/USCG site is National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC)

The renewal tab is on the left side of the page which will take you to the site where you can renew and pay online.

All motorized recreational vessels (boats and dinghies) on Washington State federally controlled waters (Puget Sound, Lake Union, Lake Washington and all waterways attached to them) are required to be registered .  You must display the numbers and decal if not documented, and the decal only if documented.  All current year registration expires June 30th.  These too, can be ordered online and either be mailed to you or picked up at Ballard Licensing.

The one exception: Tenders 10 HP or less used for direct transportation between a registered vessel and the shore and for no other purpose. The tender must display the number of the registered vessel followed by the suffix “1”. (to and from shore means no crabbing, visiting another vessel, or driving around-we’ve had neighbors in the marina get fined for this so its not worth the risk)

Comments Off on Vessel COD and Registration Renewal

Comments are closed at this time.